Alejandra María Silva García Baquero
|Born||16 February 1983
La Coruña, Spain
|Occupation||publicist, business woman and activist|
(m. 2012; div. 2016)
Richard Gere (m. 2018)
|Children||Albert Friedland (2012)|
At the age of 4, her family moved to Madrid and Silva studied at the Saint Louis And Mater Salvatoris school.
At age 15, Silva moved to Dorset, UK, for schooling and she concluded her A levels education. Thereafter she returned to Madrid to study at the university and she graduated with a degree in advertising and marketing. Following graduation, Silva worked as an intern in The Farm ad agency in Madrid, and in 2005 she accepted a position in sales and marketing at a private firm in the airplane industry.
She is the daughter of Ignacio Silva and Paola Garcia-Baquero. Her father is a businessman and the former Vice President of Real Madrid Football Club.
In 2012, Alejandra Silva married Govind Friedland and gave birth to Albert in December 2012.
In 2011, the couple acquired the former summer home of the Italian film director Franco Zeffirelli in Positano, Italy, and established a luxury boutique hotel and named it Hotel Villa Treville. Alejandra Silva and Govind Friedland divorced at the end of December 2015. Silva met Richard Gere before she divorced Friedland while working at the Treville Hotel, a hotel she was managing at that time.
In April 2018, she married Richard Gere in New York City. 
Charity / Activism
Silva has a long history of being active in social responsibility organizations.
In 2007, Silva promoted a non-profit initiative jointly with Karolina Kurkova called Beautiful Life Fund. This non-profit organization raised awareness of the plight of children in need, distressed refugee children, victims of war, and the education of homeless children around the world.
In 2010 she participated in the Real Madrid Football Club Foundation African Initiative Project by creating soccer leagues as means of integrating underprivileged children to their local communities and promoting sports and its values amongst African families.
Through her interest in non-profit organizations, Silva met American actor Richard Gere. Their relationship gained notoriety in the press in June 2015. As of 2016, Silva continues her activism in non-profit organization and supports The Rais Foundation for the Homeless.
- “Alejandra Maria Silva García-Baquero”. 10 December 2015.
- “Mater Salvatoris”. 1987.
- Gonzalez, Sergio (10 October 2015). “Alejandra Silva, el complicado divorcio de la novia española de Richard Gere”. El Mundo (in Spanish). Retrieved 25 May 2016.
- Castellano, Nuria Hernandez (10 December 2015). “Rica, discreta y comedida: así es la novia española de Richard Gere”. Vanity Fair (in Spanish). Retrieved 25 May 2016.
- “Fundación Real Madrid”. 2010.
- “Fundación Rais”. 2015.
- “Alejandra Silva y Richard Gere, unidos por su faceta solidaria”. Hola.com (in Spanish). 19 November 2015. Retrieved 25 May 2016.
- “Alejandra Silva, ‘Pretty Woman,’ en H!Fashion”. Hola! Fashion (in Spanish). 18 May 2016. Retrieved 25 May 2016.