The AAG Annual Meeting is an interdisciplinary forum open to anyone with an interest in geography and related disciplines.
About the 2011 AAG Annual Meeting
The 2011 Annual Meeting will take place at the Washington State Convention Center and the Seattle Sheraton Hotel. Onsite check in, the exhibition hall, breakout sessions and plenary sessions will take place in the Convention center, while breakout sessions and many reception events will take place in the Seattle Sheraton.
The AAG Annual Meeting is an interdisciplinary forum open to anyone with an interest in geography and related disciplines. Presentations from scholars, researchers, professionals, and students are welcome.
During the meeting you will join fellow geographers, GIS specialists, and environmental scientists for the very latest in research and applications in geography, sustainability, and GIScience. Sessions are also being organized around special themes, like:
- The Changing Roles of the University in Society
- Geography and the Humanities
- Asian Geographies and Collaborations in Research and Education
- Space-Time Integration in Geography and GIScience
The meeting program will also feature:
- Presentations and posters by leading scholars and researchers from more than 60 countries
- Exhibits showcasing recent publications, new geographic technologies, and employment opportunties for geographers
- An international networking reception
- Field trips to explore the rich cultural and physical geography of the Pacific Northwest