GIS Meta Data File Scanner to scan Mapinfo GIS file formatsand write back to a database.TAB, .GST, .WOR, .MIFContains file parsing routines for the above file types.Also contains objects for GIS Tables, Workspaces and Fields.
The GIS Metadata Manager is a simple Java-based desktop application to manage files from geographic information systems (GIS) in a specified directory by grouping files into records, adding metadata and searching the metadata to find files.
Formal metadata: information and software
What’s it all about?
- Metadata in plain language: A guide for authors and reviewers
- The FGDC metadata standard
- Metadata Community email list
- Metadata FAQs with answers
- Metadata Examples from USGS Geoscience Data
- Editorial page: Advice and opinion about creating and using metadata
- Inspiration for those who don’t want to do metadata
- National Geospatial Data Clearinghouse
- FGDC’s directory of people who do training